Top information Technology news 2013
Broadview Networks Top Tech Blog Award 2013 With such a vast amount of information readily available in today’s business world, it can be difficult to determine which content is worthwhile. Broadview Networks is seeking out the most relevant websites in the online technology, business innovation, and entrepreneurship communities. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive list, nominated by readers and staff, which will help our clients and partners glean the best technology and business advice on the web.
Broadview Networks is a leading business VoIP and cloud communication provider serving business customers since 1996. Broadview has built and operates its own advanced communications network and offers next-generation services including cloud-based phone systems, integrated networking services, and cloud-computing services. We are constantly seeking ways to be the best resource on business and technology news for our clients, partners, and readers – hence our award series for the best blogs on these topics!
Top Tech Blog Award 2013 Winners
We asked each of our winners to answer a few questions, below are their responses:
- How would you describe your blog to readers on our site?
- What technology or business innovation are you most excited about?
- How do you make sure you're on top of all the latest technology news and trends?
- 1. 3rd Planet Techies is a technology blog completely managed by well-groomed ICT experts from various fields such as computer engineers, SEO experts, website designing lords, and Networking experts. We handle full and in-dept. tutorials on website designing, website optimization, computer repair tips, I.T support and many tech related exposition.
- 2. As a tech enthusiastic I am always intrigued with the rapid development in web3.0 concepts, the craze for HTML5 & CSS3 perfection and the innovative stuff happening with the mobile computing industry as of 2013. The hope on Iwatch introduction is one of those innovation I love to see daily.
- 3. As a growing tech blog, we are not buoyant financially enough to pay a lot of tech journalist to keep us updated with such updates, but since we already follow most of this tech giants both on twitter and newsletter sub, we can easily get a snap update on trends before it ever gets published on the web.
- 1. Bookmarks of interesting technology news and trends. This simply started as a way for me to bookmark technology news I wanted to save for later research.
- 2. Technology in the Health Care field, Ubunto, Mobile, Android, SAP. Home Technology, Software Development
- 3. I have aggregated over 50 technology sites where I post the most interesting ones focusing on trends and game changers.
- 1. Provide latest tech news, tutorials, applications and much more for android devices
- 1. Barbara’s Blog contains “a wealth of information” gathered from my years of experience and expertise in small business, including taxes, legal and financial information, and other practical, small business-related news and tips.
- 2. Mobile technology and its ability to reach people anywhere at any time. My blog can be accessed from my mobile-configured website.
- 3. By maintaining an extensive pool of resources and a strong network of tech-savvy business owners.
- 1. CloudTweaks connects brands to an influential audience made of business owners and managers of growing businesses, entrepreneurs and early adopters. CloudTweaks readers are Savvy Technology Leaders and Business Decision Makers who are at the wheel of worldwide businesses and emerging companies.
- 2. Most interested in clean technologies with cloud computing and virtualization certainly being one of them. There is still work that needs to be done. However, moving away from the more robust Desktops to the lightweight Tablets and Portable devices is an excellent direction.
- 3. A few key areas. One which springs to mind is Events. This is a great way to network and interact with those in the same industry. The other is to really pay attention to both our readers and writers as many are at the center pulse of many of these events and provide a very high caliber of excellent insights and information surrounding cloud computing. This has allowed us to engage our fans and become leaders in cloud computing information over the last 5+ years.
- 1. Data mining is one of the most exciting field currently! The ability to leverage data for decision making is a must-have for data-driven companies. The blog covers anything related to data mining, analytics, machine learning and statistics. The blog focuses on applications, news, people, use cases, expert advices and trends, among others.
- 2. The data-driven culture is one of the most important innovation nowadays. Any serious company must use data mining concepts to improve its benefits, reduce costs, gain customers and decrease churn, for example. The current computing power allows data mining models to be built on huge data sets.
- 3. I keep up-to-date about data mining by attending conferences, meeting practitioners in the field and reading, reading, reading: books, research articles, case studies, white papers, blogs, etc.
- 1. Free resources for teachers, educational ideas and tips, educational topics, Personal Learning Networks, Project Based Learning, Google, Evernote, Discovery Education and more.
- 2. Google Apps for Education and Chromebooks are allowing schools to provide excellent systems and apps, along with devices, to students at very low cost.
- 3. I use Twitter, Google+ and Feedly to keep up with news, trends, and connect with others about technology and educational topics.
- 1. Entrepreneur Resources is a PR-friendly blog written for current and aspiring business owners who do not have access to traditional business education. They are passionate about creating successful companies and are looking for down-to-earth advice that they can immediately put to use in their businesses. To help, Entrepreneur Resources provides video tips, resource links and articles on Sales & Marketing, Money & Finance, Technology and General Small Business. We also profile successful entrepreneurs so that readers can learn from the experiences of others who have made it through the initial start-up challenges.
- 2. I am most excited by the advances in mobile technology. On one small portable device, I can update my blog, play a game with a friend in another state, and set my DVR even if I am miles away from home. It is interesting to see how we are slowly becoming untethered from our computers.
- 3. To stay on top of the latest tech trends I read other blogs, do periodic research through Google and make sure I follow those who report tech news on social media.
- 1. Entrepreneurs-Journey.com is a blog aimed at those interested in Entrepreneurship, Internet Marketing, Selling Information Online, Blogging and Personal Development.
- 2. Mobile, in particular mobile magazines on the IOS platform.
- 3. I stay connected with people who like to play with all the latest apps and gadgets and use them as my news source.