Tech News NR 2010/3
Bye bye handy, point-and-shoot digital camera!
Most people are used to getting pretty average looking shots from their phone. They're decent, but they're nothing compared to what you'd get with a real camera. One company is trying to change that; InVisage Technologies says it's developing a new technology that would see phones produce a higher quality of picture, especially in settings with lower lighting.
California-based InVisage Technologies has spent the last three years developing its own film that coats the camera's image sensor and allows it to capture more light. VentureBeat reports that the sensors found in current cell phone cameras are made of silicon and use complementary metal oxide semiconductor. These types of sensors only capture a quarter of the light that hits the silicon but InVisage Technologies' QuantumFilm can capture up to 95 percent using a new layer of quantum dot material.
Aside from offering cell phone cameras that are four times better than what we use today, (imagine your 3 megapixel camera getting upgraded to 12 megapixels), the whole process is said to work out cheaper too. According to VB, the addition of an extra layer of material is such a simple manufacturing step, it can be done with typical sputtering tools that are already present in chip factories.
Rejuvenating Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men - Organic, All-Natural, Skin Care - Anti-Aging Antioxidants & Tannins Fight Free Radicals, Preserve Collagen, & Reduce Wrinkles - Safe for Sensitive, Dry Skin
Health and Beauty (RSVP)
- STAY SMOOTH: Men know the importance of remaining smooth under all circumstances; aging is not an exception. Combat wrinkles, fine lines, and crow s feet with the...
- SOAK IT IN: We have some bad news about booze; alcohol dehydrates the skin, leading to dullness, dryness, flakes, and fine lines. RSVP s Rejuvenating Anti-Wrinkle...
- DUMP THE FAKE JUNK: All RSVP products are formulated without fragrance, parabens, dyes, or gluten. These synthetic irritants are often the root of complexion problems...
- SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE: A sudden surge in confidence, random compliments from strangers, longing stares from across the bar, and younger looking skin.
- GO AU NATURALE: There s a lot to be said for nature. It has provided man with adventurous offroading terrain, wide open spaces for bonfires and barbecues, and some...
BoxWave FreshStart KDDI au E30HT UV Germicidal Sanitizer - Portable Phone Cleaner Works With Smartphones, MP3 Players, Earbuds, Headsets and More! (Blue)
CE (BoxWave Corporation)
- Eliminates strep, e.coli, salmonella, pseudomonas, listeria, H1N1 virus, and other pathogens
- Same UV technology used in hospitals, water purification, and food preparation
- Manufacturer recommended method of cleaning your smartphone; Built-in safety mechanism only activates UV light when lid is closed
- Prevent germs from passing on to you and others through your phone
- The average cell phone carries more germs per square inch than a doorknob, sole of your shoe, or even a toilet seat - CBS News
Triple M Footy
Mobile Application (SCA Digital Pty Ltd)
- Hear the greatest team of legends in footy on your favourite Podcasts
- Have your say in-play with our interactive polls
- Stay up to date with live scores and get your results
- Set your favourite team and get all the latest news
- It s great.